Sunday, November 8, 2009

Abby's Own Stroller and Feeding the Ducks!

Well, it's been a good week for Abby...Her checkup went well, still on antibiotics and pain medicine, but other than that, she's recovering quite quickly!!! Because I take her to class with me, she gets to go lots of other places with me as well. For being a three-legged dog, she is becoming surprisingly mobile! And with that said, TLC has supplied Abby with a lovely, compactable stroller to call her own - and it doubles as a doggie car seat!!
 

We figured this will be a little more conspicuous, but since she made her presence known in English class on Wednesday, this would actually be easier to bring along (Wednesday, she barked at something we were watching and little did I know the department head was in class, observing...the professor strictly asked me to warn him next time but after class couldn't wait to pet her). I proudly brought her with me to physics class on Saturday morning after asking the professor on Friday if I could, and into class I walked - pushing Abby in that stroller!!!

She was the belle of the ball as we watched a video on the periodic table of elements, since she had to voice her opinion (she didn't think Fluorine is a violent element)...and at adoptions she sat beautifully in the new stroller, giving out kisses and gnawing on volunteers' fingers, which taste better than Greenies anyways!

Saturday night, my boyfriend offered to take Abby and me to the local golf course to feed the ducks. We do that every once in awhile since it is relaxing and there are always guys there fishing, feeding the ducks, and whatnot...So, I decided to bring my pup Riley with us as well, and it was "a night out with the kids"...

I might mention that at the pond where we feed the ducks, there are also LARGE geese that are NOT afraid of human beings... or barking dogs, for that matter...

Abby was very fascinated with the ducks, who would come to the pond's edge but never stepped foot on ground...and Riley didn't seem to trust them, as he sat behind me, occasionally poking his head around me to 'woof' at them. Abby 'woof'ed a few times herself, but that was at the guy throwing his fishing line into the pond.  The pond, by the way, is about half the length of a (high school) foot ball field, and about 200 feet wide. It's a nice sized pond that is home for probably 100-150 ducks, geese, and swan.

When the geese at the other end of the pond (the long end) saw that we had a lot of bread to give out, they ever so gracefully swam over to us. At first that was innocent, until they came up onto the ground and tried to yank the bread bag out of my hand. And Abby did NOT like that at all!!! Riley, of course, ran the full length of his leash away from them, and I held on strong, but I had Abby in my lap and couldn't get away as fast...

The geese then started hissing at my boyfriend, who was trying to carefully get the pup's dinner and water dish off the ground, meanwhile trying to help me get up!

At this point, Abby was not happy, Riley was scared, and I was uncomfortable with the swans' close proximity to my tiny pups...so we backed away (after wrenching free the plastic bag, of course), and went for outdoor Mexican food at Rubio's.

Afterward, we went to Border's so I could get a book for one of my classes, and for the most part, Abby was quiet. But she didn't like someone who stomped by carrying a large box on his shoulder. And a few girls happened to pass by, looking down, and were tickled that I had small dogs in a little stroller.

Needless to say, Abby has had a wonderful weekend out and about!


No comments:

Post a Comment